Wednesday, November 13, 2013

T(s)DD: Give Without Fear 11/13/13

Philippians 4:15-17 NIV Moreover, as you Philippians know, in the early days of your acquaintance with the gospel, when I set out from Macedonia, not one church shared with me in the matter of giving and receiving, except you only; for even when I was in Thessalonica, you sent me aid more than once when I was in need. Not that I desire your gifts; what I desire is that more be credited to your account.

What caught my eye was this last sentence. In giving and receiving, more is "credited to the account" of the giver.

No matter what your bank statement says.

In obeying God's directives to make provision for the church and those who minister there (tithing) and to supply for those in need (generosity), you will have more. More of whatever our souls are made of.

And you can take that to the bank.

Give us courage, Lord, to set aside the first 10% (or more) in keeping with what you have told us to do for your church, your ministers;and for the fatherless and widows, trusting that you will in turn supply all our need according to your riches in Glory in Christ Jesus. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment